From the manufacturer
<img alt=”D’Addario, XL, Nickel, Electric, Guitar Strings” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/23ac053f-abe7-4dc6-ae28-15d3cf631a74.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png”/>
<img alt=”XL NICKEL” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/58c2b6a9-2596-4004-a8e4-3623c38d57d5.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png”/>
Available for Electric Guitar and Bass.
DIAL IT IN. CRANK IT UP.
XL Nickel Wound, D’Addario’s most popular electric strings, are precision wound with nickel plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. XL Nickel electric strings deliver a bright tone and precise intonation, ideal for a wide range of musical styles.
D’Addario Electric Guitar Strings
Bright & Versatile
Bright & Versatile Bright & Articulate Warm & Mellow Semi-Bright Crisp & Crunchy Rich & Clean Feel
Natural Natural Smooth Smooth Tactile Natural Life
Extended Standard Enhanced Enhanced Enhanced Standard Coated
✔ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ NY Steel
✔ ✔ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ Fusion Twist
✔ ✔ ✘ ✘ ✘ ✘ Number of Strings
6, 7, 8, or 12
6 or 7 6, 7, 8, 10, or 11 6 or 7 6 6 6
ROUND, WOUND, AND RESPONSIVE.
- Round wound strings have a feel and tone familiar to players plus durability and precise intonation.
Hex Core Construction
Six Sides of Stability
- The precision drawn hex core was pioneered by D’Addario, to allow the wrap wire to grip the core.
String Winding Technology
Wound to Perfection 700,000 times a day
- String winding equipment built by D’Addario creates between 500,000 and 700,000 strings per day.
Exact Standards, Extraordinary Sounds.
- D’Addario’s wire drawing machines produce wire to our specs, yielding high performance products.
1 Round Wound 2 Hex Core Construction 3 String Winding Technology 4 Wire Drawing
<img alt=”XL Nickel Gagues” src=”https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/aplus-media-library-service-media/0f831b0f-fb43-4dc0-9890-5ed4e464bc1a.__CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464_V1___.png”/>
- “D’Addario strings are a very important part of the technical quilt that make up my tone. Whether we’re in the studio or on stage, my band and I only use D’Addario.”
- Brandi Plays XL Nickel 10-52
- “I use D’Addario strings on everything, acoustic and electric. In 30 years I’ve never had a bad string on a guitar.”
- Mark Plays XL Nickel 09-42
- “I’ve been using D’Addario strings as long as I can remember, and I’ve experimented with a lot of gauges.”
- Jimmy Plays XL Nickel 10-46
PLAYING D’ADDARIO JUST GOT MORE REWARDING!
- Join Players Circle and get rewarded with free stuff and other perks just for playing D’Addario.
REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTS
REGISTER YOUR PLAYERS CIRCLE CODE
- Register the Players Circle code printed inside your package to start earning points.
REDEEM YOUR POINTS
REDEEM FOR GEAR, MERCHANDISE & SWAG
- Watch your points add up and redeem them for all things D’Addario.
ACCESS TO BETA TESTING & EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS
- Players Circle members get first dibs on testing new products, before anyone even knows they exist.
1 GET REWARDED 2 REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTS 3 REDEEM YOUR POINTS 4 EXCLUSIVE ACCESS